If you are anything like us, you probably think technology is fabulous enabling all sorts of time efficiencies and ways to be connected in today’s fast-paced work world…but as with all things there is a ‘light and a dark side’. The possibility to be ‘always on’ and the relentless ‘attention economy’ is giving rise to devise addiction.
So if you:
- Catch yourself mindlessly scrolling on socials
- Notice that you find it hard to focus on the task at hand and get easily distracted
- Find it a challenge to quiet down your mind
- Struggle to switch off and connect with your loved ones
Then it’s probably time to take back control of how you want to engage in this increasingly digital world.
Disclaimer: if you answered ‘HELL YES’ to all of these you wouldn’t be alone. This is a hot topic for with our clients who want to decrease their stress levels, increase their energy and become more present with their teams.
So, in honour of the fact that May is the month of Mindfulness, we wanted to tackle this issue head on!
In this podcast we will be exploring:
- The research on the impact that being ‘always on’ is having in our lives
- Why are devices are designed to be addictive
- How to take back conscious control of the ways we engage with our devices
- The ways you can create boundaries around your device usage to get more time and space back
Bonus: You’ll also be able to access our ‘How to be mindful in the digital age Action Plan’ so you can start making changes right now.
To your health and happiness,
Clare and Emma
P.S. Here are 3 ways we can help you personally or, the people within your company:
◉ Listened to the podcast and need a reminder on how to access the ‘How to be mindful in the digital age Action Plan’ Email us with ‘ACTION PLAN’ in the subject line and we’ll get it over to you.
◉ Is your device addiction out of control and it’s impacting you at work or home? Click here to email us with ‘CONTROL’ in the subject line and tell us a bit about what’s happening and we’ll schedule a call.
◉ Could you or your team benefit from creating clearer boundaries in how you engage with your devices and each other to improve your productivity? Send us an email with ‘PRODUCTIVITY’ in the subject line and we’ll get you all the details.